Hi Students and Parents,

Welcome to Mrs. Estrada's blog. This blog will help you keep up to date on homework, in-class work, and any school reminders. I will update this blog after school Monday through Friday. Please feel free to leave me a post if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Don't forget to check orange folders and reading log every night!

~Mrs. Estrada
National Board Certified Teacher

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday 3/21/12

Hi! Today at our staff meeting it was brought to the teachers' attention that we need to make sure our students reach the NWEA goals in the Spring. These are the numbers I shared with you in your child's report card. While I am happy to report that all but 3 students (86%) made growth towards their Spring goal!!! I do have to share that only 15% met their goal already. Personally, this number doesn't hold much value to me, because I believe in my students and my teaching that students will reach their goal in the Spring assessment (May). However, to ensure we do our best and give it our best try, the school would like for all students to begin school earlier. Starting the week of April 9th students are to report to school at 7:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays. Please make sure your child attends NWEA Boot Camp and please return the permission slips back to class as soon as possible. Thank you for helping me help your child!

Homework:
Spelling: You Pick 3

Math: WB 58 multiply by 7

English: Extra Practice page 96

Reading: 20 min log


No comments:

Post a Comment