Hi Students and Parents,

Welcome to Mrs. Estrada's blog. This blog will help you keep up to date on homework, in-class work, and any school reminders. I will update this blog after school Monday through Friday. Please feel free to leave me a post if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Don't forget to check orange folders and reading log every night!

~Mrs. Estrada
National Board Certified Teacher

Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday and Weekend 10/12/12

Hi! Today we took our Spelling Test, Sight Word Test, and Math Chapter 5 Test!!!  When reviewing Chapter 5 Math Test, please note that the Common Core Standards for word problems require that students draw and show their thinking and work for each word problem. We also learned about earth's resources and recycling in Social Studies.

I also wanted to give a Special THANKS to Kylie's mother who sent crayons and glue for our Community Supply Area. The children who don't have crayons were super excited to use the supplies. Thank you again!

Friday Test Folder: Please review, sign, and return each test. Also, please sign the log inside the folder.

Book Report: Practice reading the book your child borrowed from our classroom library. Today we practice again filling out a book report with the story Chrysanthemum. Please make sure your child is using complete sentences and color their pictures. 


5 comments:

  1. You're welcome!! Whenever you need help just let me know!! If I can help, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the community supply area? Is that were all the children's supplies went to? Just curious, as my daughter is telling me she needs crayons for school.
    L. Pedroza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The Community Supply Area is an area where students who don't have their own supplies can borrow from. These supplies are purchased by myself or donated from others such as parents.

      If you are wondering about you child's specific supplies, then like all the other children who do have their own supplies they keep those inside their desk. With the exceptions of pencils, paper towels, and tissue (these I put away and bring them out as needed).

      If you are sending supplies to school specifically for your child, I recommend labeling supplies with your child's name to avoid any misplace items.

      I hope this clarifies your concerns.

      ~Mrs. Estrada

      Delete
  3. Hi, no it really doesn't. I rather have a good old fashion parent to teacher conference, as I don't want this blogging back and forth to impact my child's grade in any way.
    L. Pedroza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we can have a conference! This blog is not intended to replace parent teacher conferences. Nor blogging information about daily homework and what we learned in class with impact your child's grade at all.

      Sorry you feel that way. I will send a note home tomorrow with dates and times for a conference.

      Talk to you soon,
      ~Mrs. Estrada

      Delete